CRUZ LABEL - HEAT TRANSFER INSTRUCTION
INSTRUCTION FOR APPLYING HEAT TRANSFER LABELS
1. Set iron or heat press to 302-320ºF (150-160ºC). Higher temperatures can melt vellum backing. If using a household iron, set the dial between the cotton and wool setting with NO STEAM.
2. Place heat transfer with the adhesive side down onto your garment or item. If the adhesive is exposed to the iron or press, the design will adhere onto the press and will be difficult to remove.
3. If using a heat press, press down for 8 seconds. If using a household iron, press FIRMLY, straight down avoiding sweeping motions, for 8-12 seconds.
4. Please follow the instruction below that has been ‘marked’ specifically for your label.
- hot peel: Secure garment down and immediately peel off vellum backing. Start at one corner and SWIFTLY remove the film. Do not peel slowly.
- cold peel: Wait until the transfer has been completely cooled. Then secure garment down and peel off vellum backing. Start at one corner and SWIFTLY remove the film.
5. Store unused labels loosely in a box under cool temperatures.
Please note the following:
- Please ask our sales rep for a free sample to test on your specific garment before ordering.
- Do not exceed the target temperature when applying the heat transfers or they may melt and distort the design.
- Using a heat transfer press or heat press is highly recommended. Heat transfer labels may slide when applied with a household iron, which can distort the image.
- Do not stack heat transfer labels together when storing. The substrates may bond together and ruin the designs on the label. Instead, store unused transfers loosely in a box.
- Cruz Label is not responsible for product performance or damages to equipment, transfer, or substrates during application or use.