Taffeta Woven Label
It you are not familiar with Taffeta woven label, please ask for a Free sample pack from our sales rep. Taffeta is the most economical woven label available and is priced lower than damask or satin. Taffeta label is not as sturdy as the other woven labels, but if you are looking for a nice, inexpensive label to put on the side of bags, hats, scarves, etc, taffeta woven labels could be perfect for your needs.
When do I use taffeta woven labels over damask or satin?
Taffeta is an anomaly. It is not so great for weaving small details in artwork, but can weave small letters nicely. Also, taffeta tends to be the scratchiest of all woven labels, so if its touching skin, we do not recommend this weave.
Taffeta polyester threads are used for the background, while damask polyester threads weave the design. While taffeta has more background color options than satin, the options are more limited than damask. If you want to match a very specific background color to a Pantone number, then damask would be best.
However, taffeta also dries very quickly, so if you produce swimsuits or towels, taffeta woven labels can be a great option.
For taffeta woven labels, we have many color choices to choose from for the design and lettering. The background colors are a little more limited. Please ask a sales rep for more information. For color matching, we can match Pantone colors.
When counting the amount of colors for taffeta woven labels, keep in mind that the background color is included. These are all threads woven together on a loom, so even a white background is a thread color.
There is a maximum of 8 colors for woven labels. The amount of colors in your label also affects price. Please ask a sales rep for more information.
You can do any size label you want, but size over a certain point does change the price. A sales rep can help you decide what size is best for your product and budget.
Taffeta woven labels are cut with a heat knife or sonic laser, which adheres the threads together to prevent fraying.
- Straight cut - No fold. Straight cut labels are usually sewn on all 4 sides, the top, or on left and right side only. There is No extra charge for this type of fold.
- End Fold - Folded down on the left and right side. They are applied the same way as straight cut labels, but have a softer edge. Sewing contractors may charge more for working with an end fold, so please consult with them before making your final decision. Cruz Label does not charge extra for this fold.
- Center Fold - Folded in the middle and usually sewn into a seam. Center fold labels can also be used for sleeve and hem labels. Cruz Label does not add an extra charge for this fold, unless label is over-sized or very small before fold.
- Miter Fold - The ends are folded under and up, creating a tab to be sewn into a seam. This fold does require an extra charge. Please contact one of our sales professionals to learn more about Woven Labels with a miter fold.
- Manhattan Fold - Similar to a centerfold label, except the top of the label is folded down, creating a flap to tuck the bottom fold into. This type of fold does requires an extra charge.
The sewing application for taffeta Woven labels depends mainly on the fold (or lack thereof) that you choose for your label. To see the different folds, please follow this link Woven Labels. If you are utilizing a sewing contractor in lieu of sewing these on yourself, you will want to contact your sewing contractor to see if one fold application is more expensive than the other. Price might play a role in your decision.
If you dont want to sew your labels on, you can purchase taffeta woven labels with adhesive on the back. taffeta woven labels can come with either heat adhesive, or iron-on, and stick adhesive, which is pressure sensitive. The heat adhesive is completely permanent while the stick adhesive has a strong bond, but will eventually come off.
You can also cut taffeta woven labels to shape. If you dont like the look of embroidered patches, you can produce a woven patch with a custom die-cut shape. taffeta woven labels are able to catch detail better than embroidered patches and are less expensive.
Sampling fee is included in price of our taffeta woven labels.
Turn around time: 4 to 6 business days for samples and 6 to 9 business days for production. Expedite is available for $150.